Friday, November 2, 2012


PAC III: "ET TU, Beebee" 

by Thomas M. Kelly © 2012 
September, 2012
SUPER  
Political Action Comedy

"SUPER PAC" 

A series of ten + minute plays 
by Thomas M. Kelly & Seamus O'Shea.


Comments on the politics of the times: 

Before and after the 2012 Elections in theatrical format.

Characters: 
WHAMor:  Wobble Head Assemblage & Marketing Creator and Lord of the world of Political Wobble Heads®™, Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan(where ever Mitt Romney & Paul Ryan wobble they wobble backward or side to side weaving and bobbing), Bill Clinton, Beebee Netanyahu, Bella Abzug, JFK, FDR, LBJ, HST, Sir Winston, Teddy Roosevelt, Sarah Palin, Hilary Clinton, Harry Reid, Dickie Cheeeney, Joe Biden, Karl Rove, Anne Romney, Claire McCaskill, Clint Eastwood, Todd Akin. Gabriel Gomez, John Soltz, Rudy Giuliani, Stephanie Cutter, John Bolton, Reince Priebus, Jim DeMint, Bill Kristol, Donald Rumsfeld, John Huntsman, Liz Cheeeney, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. (Any such as the establishment so chooses.)
Premise:
Wobble Head Rules:
Wobble Heads have labels "Made in China" on their backside.
Wobble Heads do not walk, they wobble side to side, and turn in place by wobbling.
Only the head on all models of the Wobble Head moves.  The arms and legs are rigidly placed by their sides.
Wobble Heads are created by The Wobble Head Assemblage and Marketing, "WHAM" or "WHAMor" for short and staff of Wobble Head makers.
Set:
On a storage shelf labeled "Wobble Heads: Old and New" in the Wobble Head Warehouse Outlet.
No more than five actors on stage at one time.  All other Wobble Heads do not speak unless spoken to.


PAC III: "ET TU, Beebee" by Thomas M. Kelly © 2012 

(Wobble Heads® on stage: Mitt Romney and Beebee Netanyahu)
(Same set.  A bell rings and the storeroom lights go up revealing two new Wobble Heads® on the shelf.)
Mitt Romney  (Pleading.) 
Et tu, Beebee?
Beebee Netanyahu
Don't call me Beebee.  Only my friends call me Beebee.
Mitt Romney
But I thought we were ...friends, Beebee.
Beebee Netanyahu
It's Bin-ya-meen.  Bin-ya-meen Netanyahu, to you.
Mitt Romney
Bin-ya-meen?  But I expected...
Beebee Netanyahu 
What the hell did you expect!?  My blessing!?
Mitt Romney
I expected you to have my back!
Beebee Netanyahu
Your back!?  You expected me to have your back!?  You weren't in London two days and you managed to insult the second most influential power in the free world.  An ally and friend of Israel.  "Disconcerting"!?  What the hell were you thinking!?
Mitt Romney
Everything I say is taken out of context and inaccurate by the liberals and the liberal media.
Beebee Netanyahu
Like Cameron's comment:  It's "easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere."  Inaccurate?
Mitt Romney
"Nowhere"?  Meaning Salt Lake?
Beebee Netanyahu
Cameron is the leader of the Conservative Party.
Mitt Romney 
He's Conservative?
Beebee Netanyahu
Johnson, the Mayor of London, is a conservative journalist.
Mitt Romney
He's a conservative ... journalist?
Beebee Netanyahu
He's the Editor in Chief of The Spectator magazine.  What the hell were you thinking?
Mitt Romney 
Editor?  In chief?
Beebee Netanyahu
Anglo-Saxon heritage?  What's that all about?  I'll bet if you looked deep enough you'd find a jew in your heritage.
Mitt Romney
I really don't think... .  Don't get me wrong!  That wouldn't be bad.  I have nothing against Jews!  I'm Anglo-Sax...
Beebee Netanyahu
The real topper is that you outed the head of the MI6,.  Massad would have a field day with you.  You'd never again see the light of day!
Mitt Romney  (Pleading.)
Beeeebeeee.... er, Bin-ya-meen... we were business partners!
Beebee Netanyahu
That was before you came to Israel to instigate and offend the Palestinians with a racist statement that didn't help peace negotiations  You contradicted the positions held by the Obama administration?
Mitt Romney
Do you mean your on friendly terms with ... Obama?!
Beebee Netanyahu
After your so-called foreign... tour... I'm reconsidering my position.  Backing the wrong horse would hurt me.
Mitt Romney  (Interrupting.)
The wrong horse?  Obama is fond of lecturing Israel's leaders.  You and Israel deserve better. Especially you, Beeeee-beeeee?!
Beebee Netanyahu
It's Bin...ya...meen.  Bin-ya-meen Netanyahu, thank you.
Mitt Romney
Boston!?  Forty years of friendship?!  Business consulting?  Beeee-beeee?!
Beebee Netanyahu 
Must I remind you again?  It's Bin-ya-meen.  One more time and I will insist you address me as Mr. Netanyahu.
Mitt Romney
How is my statement that the Jewish state's economic success and cultural superiority was due to the hand of providence.
Beebee Netanyahu  (Whispers loudly.)
Shhh  Shhh.    You gave my entire plan away with your uncontrolled mouth.  Palestinians get their freedom when we say and not until then.
Mitt Romney
I'll have to speak to my advisors....
Beebee Netanyahu
You scheduled a on Sunday ... during Tisha B'Av, a Jewish day of mourning and fasting.  Have you no respect for the dead, Mitt?
Mitt Romney 
No.  One: they don't vote  (Aside.)  Unless they are dead Democrats.  (Return.)  and two: they aren't shareholders.
Beebee Netanyahu
Oh!  My!  Gaud!
Mitt Romney
It was a scheduling error... fixed very easily by... . 
Beebee Netanyahu
Yes, I know, by my good friend Sheldon Adelson.  He called me.  He owns Yisrael Hayom, our conservative(!) newspaper, and a staunch supporter of me and my government.
Mitt Romney
I heard that his newspaper is a danger to democracy.  Isn't that just marvelous!?
Beebee Netanyahu
Believe me, Mitt, with his money, he is a danger to any government he can buy.
Mitt Romney
Mmmmm, yes.  Newt was right.
Beebee Netanyahu
Then you and your circus travel to Poland and one of your aides loses...
Mitt Romney  (Interrupting.)
... Yes, I know "Kiss my ... you know what... or was it "Shove it."  (Ignorantly.)  Did you think that was offensive?
Beebee Netanyahu
You need to control your people.  But then it appears they don't have control of you.  Is anybody in your organization in control?
Mitt Romney  (Pleading.)
Beeee bee!  Don't you remember Boston and the work we did together?  Doesn't our friendship mean anything, Beeee beeeee?
Beebee Netanyahu
Mitt, we were in business together, not in bed together.  Your foreign diplomacy skills, your social skills, your walking skills, et cetera leave a great deal to be desired.
Mitt Romney
Walking skills?  What...?  I took etiquette and posture training from Mademoiselle Gigot while I was on my proselytizing mission in France.
Beebee Netanyahu
When you were hiding from the draft!?  Stay off live tv, radio and the internet.  Your tongue gets in front of your eye tooth and you can't see what you're saying.
Mitt Romney
But I have a campaign to run.
Beebee Netanyahu
Why!?  Barack Obama is running your campaign!  Your are his best weapon against you!  You've screwed yourself!
Mitt Romney
So that's what Clint meant!  I can't do that to myself.  That's impossible.
Beebee Netanyahu
It's daily,... hourly.. with you.
Are you sadomasochist!?
Mitt Romney
Sado...maso...
Beebee Netanyahu
Sadomasochist.  Are you a person who... you know... gets off on self-satisfaction... you know what I'm saying ...!?
Mitt Romney
Do you mean... self... flagu...?
Beebee Netanyahu
What I mean is did you masturbate as a kid!?
Mitt Romney
I'm Mormon.  We don't... uh... We don't...  I didn't do ...that's a terrible... sinful thing.
Beebee Netanyahu
Are you still attracted to Ann?  Is she still a caring sexual partner?
Mitt Romney
Beeeee-beeeee!
Beebee Netanyahu
It's Bin-ya-meen.  Bin-ya-meen Netanyahu, to you.
Mitt Romney
Bin-ya-meen!?
Beebee Netanyahu 
You never know about these things, Mitt.  Obviously she didn't fake it.
Mitt Romney
Are you implying I ...?  I faked an...  Beeee-beeee!?  We had five boys together!
Beebee Netanyahu
OK!  OK!  OK!  Were you ever... uh ... physically, psychologically, or sexually abused.
Mitt Romney  (Interrupting. Over-speaking.)
No?!  What makes you think ...!?  No!  No!  Don't answer that!  We're finished here!
Beebee Netanyahu
Wait!  Wait, Mitt!  Just one more question.  Did you ever throw Ann under the proverbial bus?
Mitt Romney
You gotta' be kidding me!  I would never do that!
Beebee Netanyahu
I'm just saying, Mitt.  There was that time in Boston.  You were running for governor.  You asked her to send Planned Parenthood a hundred and fifty bucks just to get the female vote.  A hundred and fifty, Mitt?  That was pretty damn cheap.
Mitt Romney
Well, yeah, ... that time  (Smiling.)  but it worked, didn't it?  And later I apologized ... firmly.
Beebee Netanyahu
Yes.  I'd like to know how that went.
Mitt Romney 
What do you mean by that?  I did it again today!   The democrats discovered a tape of a speech I made in Boca Raton about the 47% behind Obama.  I sent her out to take some of the heat off me.  You know ... it's all about me!
Beebee Netanyahu
I'm just saying, Mitt.  Well, I'm off to meet with my old friend and ally, Barack Obama.
Mitt Romney  (Tearful pleading.)
Beeeee-beeeee!
Beebee Netanyahu
Bin-ya-meen!
(Lights down.)
END


The plays, posted here, are available for production.  You may present these plays royalty free, but only with permission of Thomas M. Kelly, in writing.  No performance of his or Seamus O'Shea's plays without first notifying Thomas M. Kelly or Seamus O'Shea.  The play(s) may be produced, performed or read, before an audience, whether an admission fee is charged or not in a community theatre setting.  The above is with the exception of professional theatres:   Professional productions must receive a Professional Royalty Quote from Thomas M. Kelly at tddtheatre@aol.com  OR   Seamus O'Shea at  seamus.oshea@ymail.com  .

No comments:

Post a Comment